Miniature Horse and Pony Feed is formulated for the unique nutritional needs of your miniature horses and ponies for growth, gestation, lactation, breeding and competition. Formulated for miniature horses and ponies.
– Designed to be fed with hay or pasture.
– Added beet pulp provides an excellent source of fermentable fiber for slow release energy.
– High-quality protein with a desirable amino acid profile to support strong muscle growth, shiny coat and healthy hooves.
– Contains a blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for an optimal fatty acid profile to support strong immune function.
– Formulated to have controlled levels of sugar and starch, which may help reduce the risk of adverse health effects caused by the management error of overfeeding.
– Provides the required nutrients for horses when fed as directed.
Crude Protein (min), 13.5%
Lysine (min), 0.80%
Crude Fat (min), 4.50%
Crude Fiber (max), 18.0%
Calcium (Ca) (min), 0.80%
Calcium (Ca) (max), 1.30%
Phosphorus (P) (min), 0.65%
Copper (Cu) (min), 75 PPM
Selenium (Se) (min), 0.60 PPM
Zinc (Zn) (min), 270 PPM
Vitamin A (min), 6000 IU/LB
Vitamin E (min), 125 IU/LB
Starch (max), 11.0%
Sugars (max), 7.00%
– Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate and activity level. Please consult the tag sewn onto the bag for complete feeding recommendations. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
– Feed at regular times – at least twice daily – with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
– Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
– Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
– Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse’s teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
WARNING: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death. Feeding added selenium resulting in total diet levels in excess of 0.3 ppm is prohibited.
Due to changes in commodity availability ingredients and/or guaranteed analysis may change. Please see the product label for the most up-to-date information.