Omolene 400 Complete Advantage Horse Feed is a complete sweet feed for performance and breeding horses, with forage built in. Contains no barley, oats or alfalfa. Formulated for competition and breeding horses, especially those allergic to dust and mold, or who are prone to heaves.
– Added loose beet pulp shreds provide an excellent source of fermentable fiber for slow release energy.
– Contains hay to help horses get the fiber they need and to completely or partially replace the hay or pasture in the horse’s diet.
– Free from oats, barley, and alfalfa, which typically contain dust.
– Blended molasses help to prevent bricking in the winter and drying out in the summer.
– Contains a blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for an optimal fatty acid profile to support weight gain, development, shine and bloom.
– Provides the required nutrients for horses when fed as directed.
Crude Protein (min), 12.0%
Lysine (min), 0.50%
Crude Fat (min), 5.50%
Crude Fiber (max), 18.0%
Calcium (Ca) (min), 0.80%
Calcium (Ca) (max), 1.30%
Phosphorus (P) (min), 0.40%
Copper (Cu) (min), 35 PPM
Selenium (Se) (min), 0.30 PPM
Zinc (Zn) (min), 140 PPM
Vitamin A (min), 3000 IU/LB
Vitamin E (min), 100 IU/LB
– Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate and activity level. Please consult the tag sewn onto the bag for complete feeding recommendations. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
– Feed at regular times – at least twice daily – with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
– Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
– Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
– Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
– Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse’s teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
WARNING: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death. Feeding added selenium resulting in total diet levels in excess of 0.3 ppm is prohibited.
Due to changes in commodity availability ingredients and/or guaranteed analysis may change. Please see the product label for the most up-to-date information.
Quantity Discounts Available. See Store for Details.