Ultium Growth Horse Formula is a scientifically formulated high-fat, high-fiber feed that supports the development and physiology necessary to produce a strong, healthy, athletic horse. Formulated for broodmares and young growing horses.
– Designed to be fed with hay or pasture.
– A unique blend of three fuel sources to provide a steady level of highly digestible energy for developing and growing foals: soluble carbohydrates, fats and fermentable fiber.
– The balance of nutrients supports proper joint and long bone maturity to set the stage for the young athlete to start off right and continue on the correct path to competition.
– Optimized amino acid profile includes essential amino acids Lysine, Threonine and Methionine and branched chain amino acids to support muscle development and growth
– Contains a blend of vegetable oils, flaxseed and rice bran smooths the glucose and insulin response to dietary starch and sugar, leveling out blood sugar levels for a pronounced calming effect.
– Formulated to have controlled levels of sugar and starch with higher levels of fat and digestible fiber, which may help reduce the risk of hindgut disturbances associated with high starch feeding practices
– Highly fermentable fiber like beet pulp and soy hulls provide fermentable fiber to the hindgut for a slow-release calorie source that helps support weight maintenance and consistent lactation in broodmares and steady growth in young, growing horses.
– Fortified with a balance of vitamins and minerals including Copper, Zinc, Calcium and Phosphorus in essential ratios and quantities to help assure proper fetal stores during gestation, milk levels during lactation and tissue concentrations for continued growth
– Added Antioxidants including Vitamins E, C and Selenium help address the negative effects of free radicals and support a strong immune system.
– Nutrient and energy-dense to support prolonged stamina and endurance while maintaining the equine athlete in peak competitive condition. Less feed is required for maintenance of body condition when compared to feeds with lower energy density, helping prevent digestive upset.
Crude Protein (min), 15.5%
Lysine (min), 1.00%
Crude Fat (min), 9.50%
Crude Fiber (max), 13.0%
Calcium (Ca) (min), 1.40%
Calcium (Ca) (max), 1.90%
Phosphorus (P) (min), 0.70%
Copper (Cu) (min), 90 PPM
Selenium (Se) (min), 0.60 PPM
Zinc (Zn) (min), 270 PPM
Vitamin A (min), 3400 IU/LB
Vitamin E (min), 150 IU/LB
Sodium (Na) (min), 0.10%
Sodium (Na) (max), 0.60%
Starch (max), 15.0%
Sugars (max), 8.00%
– Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate and activity level. Please consult the tag sewn onto the bag for complete feeding recommendations. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
– Feed at regular times – at least twice daily – with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
– Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
– Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
– Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
– Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse’s teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
WARNING: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death. Feeding added selenium resulting in total diet levels in excess of 0.3 ppm is prohibited.
Due to changes in commodity availability ingredients and/or guaranteed analysis may change. Please see the product label for the most up-to-date information.
Quantity Discounts Available. See Store for Details.