The Behlen 4-foot green 2-inch by 4-inch heavy duty wire mesh gate is the heaviest mesh gate available and is designed for crowding livestock areas. The 16-gauge steel tubular framework is filled with 6-gauge 2-inch by 4-inch wire mesh that is welded twice as much as Behlen’s lighter mesh gates. The gate has been protected from the elements by a premium, long-lasting, UV- and weather-resistant powder coat. It features square corners for animal safety. The bolt on hinges allow this gate to be easily reversed when hanging two gates together. This versatile gate can be easily converted to panels for containing small animals. Behlen’s heavy duty mesh gate is 50 inches high and is made 4 inches less than the listed length to allow for hardware and clearance. Includes 3/4-inch x 12-inch bolt hooks for hinges and snap chain latch.
Height: 50 inches
Weight: 38 pounds
Three, 2-inch rails
16-gauge steel tubing
4-gauge 2-inch by 4-inch wire mesh
Snap chain latch
3/4-inch x 12-inch long threaded bolt hooks for hinges
4 inches shorter than listed length to allow for hardware and clearance
Made in the USA
1. Drill holes in wooden post (sold separately) all the way through. 2-inch gates require 3/4-inch bolt hooks. Drill hole sizes accordingly.
2. Thread each bolt hook with a nut and washer as illustrated. Place in the hole with the pintle side on the end where the gate is to be hung. To ensure the gate is fastened securely, place one bolt hook down and one up.
3. Thread bolt hooks on end with washer and nut.
4. Install hinges on gate. An extra long bolt is provided as a starter bolt to compress the hinge. After the hinge is compressed, place bolt through hole and screw on nut. Tighten the bottom hinge and leave top hinge loose in order to slide it.
5. Place gate on bottom bolt hook. With gate in position, slide top hinge onto bolt hook and fasten securely in place.