Ultium Competition Horse Formula is an energy and nutrient-dense feed for equine athletes. Formulated to meet the high energy demands of hard-working equine athletes, allowing them to compete at their highest levels.
– Designed to be fed with hay or pasture.
– A unique blend of three fuel sources to provide a steady level of highly digestible energy: soluble carbohydrates, fats and fermentable fiber. A horse that is mentally focused, controllable and manageable has the best chance of winning.
– Unique amino acid profile and top-quality fuel sources replenish glycogen and protein stores in muscles to assist in muscle repair with less muscle fatigue for faster bounce back, competition after competition.
– Nutrient and energy-dense to support prolonged stamina and endurance while maintaining the equine athlete in peak competitive condition. Less feed is required for maintenance of body condition when compared to feeds with lower energy density, helping prevent digestive upset.
– Contains a blend of vegetable oils, flaxseed and rice bran smooths the glucose and insulin response to dietary starch and sugar, leveling out blood sugar levels for a pronounced calming effect.
– Formulated to have reduced starch and higher fat, which may help reduce the risk of colic and other digestive disturbances that can occur when feeding large quantities of grain.
– Highly fermentable fiber metabolized in the hindgut, providing slow-releasing energy and preserving muscle glycogen.
– Fortified with a balance of vitamins and minerals including B-Vitamins, Iron, Copper, Calcium, Phosphorus and Magnesium: blood-building nutrients that help optimize red blood cell production and increase oxygen capacity in exercising horses. The proper balance of Calcium and Phosphorus promotes stronger bones.
– Added Antioxidants including Vitamins E, C and Selenium help address the negative effects of free radicals and support a strong immune system.
Crude Protein (min), 11.7%
Lysine (min), 0.70%
Crude Fat (min), 12.4%
Crude Fiber (max), 18.5%
Calcium (Ca) (min), 0.85%
Calcium (Ca) (max), 1.35%
Phosphorus (P) (min), 0.50%
Copper (Cu) (min), 65 PPM
Selenium (Se) (min), 0.50 PPM
Zinc (Zn) (min), 240 PPM
Vitamin A (min), 5000 IU/LB
Vitamin E (min), 150 IU/LB
Sodium (Na) (min), 0.20%
Sodium (Na) (max), 0.70%
Starch (max), 10.0%
Sugars (max), 6.00%
– Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate and activity level. Please consult the tag sewn onto the bag for complete feeding recommendations. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
– Feed at regular times – at least twice daily – with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
– Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
– Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
– Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
– Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse’s teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
WARNING: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death. Feeding added selenium resulting in total diet levels in excess of 0.3 ppm is prohibited.
Due to changes in commodity availability ingredients and/or guaranteed analysis may change. Please see the product label for the most up-to-date information.