In the summer of 2016 Wilco plans to open their 18th farm store in Salem, Oregon. The new store will be located in the former Safeway building on 3285 Commercial St. SE.
The building is 34,000 square feet and will feature 20,000 square feet of sales floor with the remainder a warehouse with a full service drive-through load out. The store will feature Wilco’s large store mix of products throughout five signature departments
- Lawn & Garden; including a covered greenhouse
- Pet Food & Supplies with full service dog grooming
- Work Wear and Lifestyle Clothing
- True Value hardware and Fencing
- Livestock, Equine and Poultry Feed and Supplies
“We currently serve many Salem customers at our Silverton and Stayton stores and want to be more convenient for them,” said Sam Bugarsky, Wilco’s Chief Operating Officer.
The new Salem store expects to start hiring in the spring of next year and open in the summer, but they are still in the planning process so specific dates have not been set.